Work for the Danya Institute
We’re looking for an individual who are interested in delivering evidence-based training and organizational development to behavioral healthcare providers and consumers. The Danya Institute offers competitive benefits and excellent location (2 blocks from Silver Spring Station on the Red Line).
Latest Job Posting:
Director of Training
Opening Date: February 17, 2015 Closing Date: March 27, 2015
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, this position will be responsible for establishing, coordinating, and managing an annual training schedule and events for the SAMHSA funded Central East Addiction Technology Transfer Center. This includes assessment of need, development of work plans, and implementation of plans for the behavioral health workforce in HHS Region III. Deliver training as appropriate. Prepare program reports for funding agency (SAMHSA and NIDA).
- Masters’ degree in social work, psychology, education, behavioral health or other human services field, with a minimum 5 years’ experience working in the addictions and/or behavioral health field.
- Knowledge of State health agency role and function
- Knowledge of substance abuse treatment, prevention and current health care issues
- Knowledge of evidence-based practices in the addiction/behavioral health field
- Knowledge of the impact of health care reform on behavioral health
- Knowledge of adult learning principles
- Experience in the delivery of training
- Experience managing training activities for health care professionals
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to coordinate multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- High level proficiency in Microsoft Office:Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel up to 45%
- Work with State Behavioral Health agencies and other stakeholders to assess training needs within the state
- Develop training plan and schedule for each state
- Develop process for updating training plan throughout the year
- Assist in the development of regional training events and conferences
- Manage training request process
II. Coordination of Training
- Select qualified and appropriate trainers for each training event scheduled
- Manage and update the training/consultant database
- Work with the Administrative Assistant to coordinate logistics for each event including travel arrangement, event supplies, marketing materials, training materials, etc.
- With the Director of Operations, manage approved budget
- Maintain an electronic file on all training and educational events, to include materials, evaluation data, and other relevant information
III. NIDA Liaison
- Serve as a member of the NIDA Liaison Network and attend meetings as required
- Participate in the development of training and technical assistance materials through the Liaison Network
- Facilitate communication between the two clinical trial nodes in Region III, Delaware Valley and Mid-Atlantic. Engage and participate in collaborative activities with the CTN
- Work with CTN’s to plan an annual regional NIDA event
- Ensure that the Central East maintains a cadre of qualified trainers for all NIDA/SAMHSA Blending Initiatives; arrange and schedule training on the Blending Products for Region III
- Develop an annual plan for NIDA activities in the region
- Prepare semi-annual reports on NIDA Liaison activities for submission to SAMHSA/CSAT
IV. Curricula and Material Development
- Recommend educational topics that can be used as the basis for distance learning opportunities
- Provide guidance on curricula development projects and activities
- Review materials as requested for accuracy and relevancy
- Disseminate appropriate SAMHSA products to Region III workforce; i.e. TIPS, TAPS, etc.
- Maintain ongoing contact with all Regional State training coordinators and/or other State representatives
- Maintain regular interface with counterparts in the other regional and focus ATTC’s
VI. Other duties as assigned
- Silver Spring, Maryland, United States
If interested, please submit your resume, including salary requirements and a cover letter to Tamara Parris. Please email your resume to email@example.com for consideration.
The Danya Institute is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.